Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Weekend in Austin, Texas

I spent Memorial Day weekend down in Austin, Texas to attend my cousin's college graduation at the University of Texas! This was my first time visiting Texas. We mostly hung around Austin on the UT campus, watching bats fly, lounging by the poolside, and enjoying Mexican/Texan food. We also ventured over to San Antonio for a day trip to visit the Alamo and the Riverwalk.
Fun Memorial weekend!

My two cousins,me, and my brother down by the bridge by the river to watch the bats fly off at dusk...the largest urban bat colony....

Bats! Really, kind of gross to me...they all take off at the same time and fly off to the hill country to feed

This sign creeped me out too...something out of a Bate's Hotel movie or something. It even made that buzzing noise!

At my cousin's graduation ceremony...

My aunt and I at the famous Salt Lick restaurant enjoying Texan bbque up in the hill country

The ceremony on Saturday night at the UT tower was amazing but we had to get there a few hours early to save seats and it drizzled the entire time! We forgot umbrellas

Only in Texas...Cowboy boots with a suit(?)!

This shot is the fireworks going off after the ceremony at the tower...it's kind of a scary shot to me...like an explosion...yikes!

In front of the UT tower after the graduation ceremony with my cousins and my brother..."hook em horns!"

Famous UT tower lit up with orange lights and "09" after graduation

The Alamo in San Antonio...weird how it's in the middle of the city...I always pictured it out in the midde of nowhere;)

The Riverwalk in San Antonio...a fun little river than runs through the city...little shops and cafes line the water...we had lunch on the river and took a boat tour

Emily and Morgan (my cousin) outside the Emily Morgan hotel in San Antonio :)

No comments:

Post a Comment