Friday, April 24, 2009

Check out Ice Kitchen


Last night I met up with some friends at a new place in Westport Plaza called Ice Kitchen. We were invited to a family/friend night by a friend who is one of the co-owners of Ice Kitchen.

This restaurant/vodka bar features tapas with a fusion taste of Latin American, Mediterranean, and Asian flavors. Tapa prices range from $9-15 and they are open for lunch and I heard the lunch menu rocks! A neat feature is the ice bar which has an ice-topped counter that keeps your drink cool. I love the interior decor, it has a great flare!

We dined outside (such a beautiful evening last night) and then later moved inside for a while for live music and a dj. I had a tomato salad as an appetizer and then an order of their risotto for my main tapa. Excellent! My highlight was ordering a martini flight. I love martinis and they have an awesome selection to order from. My flight consisted of chocolate banana (best choc martini i've had), cool flirt (my new fav), and gold digger (pineapple flavor, great for the summer;)

Last night we did have to wait awhile for the food (they have only been open for two weeks). It was a family/friend night to give the kitchen a chance to get hit hard with orders. So, they were hit hard. In return, there were some discounts and free tapas and drinks to sample. I'm sure in a couple of weeks all the major kinks will be sorted out and things will be flowing smoothly.

Great place to meet up with some friends for happy hour or to hang out on the weekends!

Definitely check it out!


Ice Kitchen
302 Westport Plaza
St. Louis, MO 63146
314-542-2000

No comments:

Post a Comment